I decided to participate in an on-line quilting challenge (Actually, I've mentally committed to two, but that's another story for another day!). The administrator of the challenge for the first one posts a theme and then the challenge for participants is to create an entire quilt from start to finish in a single week. Now, it doesn't have to be a big quilt (thank goodness!), but it does have to be finished completely. That sounds daunting if not downright impossible, but this is the eighth year and LOTS of people have participated and accomplished the tasks, so I'm going to give it a go.
My machines are ready,
Oops! Except for one little flannel board bunny of the grandkids' design days!
The theme for this week is "8". So whatever is made has to relate in some way to the number eight. Since I spent a bit of time in a number of quilt shops this week (they were all have sales. It was my civic duty to go!), I had a number of new polka dot fabrics. Therefore, it was real easy to decide that I would use seven polka dotted fabrics and one stripe. So I went to my stash and pulled out the dots that I wanted to consider.
These are the dots that made the final cut. Pardon the pun.
Next I need to audition some background fabrics.
I have been working on string quilts lately, and so my plan is to use these fabrics (the stripe shown in the picture is not working for me because of the pink) and whatever stripe I can find tomorrow in some sort of string design.
I will keep you appraised of my progress throughout the week.